Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Brief Introduction.

This blog is not just another fashion blog.
It will not revolve around what I wear every day; I will not pose for the camera like most others do, and ask for approval from people I don't know.

This blog has been prompted by my craving for all things relating to fashion, design, and more importantly, ART.
I am a sixteen year old art student in an art class of 20 - something girls who mostly paint.
Art at our school, however technically beautiful and brilliant it is, is very one dimensional.
I must confess that I too am guilty of falling into the trap of doing painting after painting after painting, and have come to the point where I want to step completely out of the box and be a little different.

And so, this is where art collides with fashion.
I am going to attempt to create a piece centered around fashion without it being too clichéd.
If anyone reads this (please excuse me, I am new to the concept of blogging) please feel free to offer suggestion or direction - it can only benefit me.

My recent obsession - Marchesa. How exquisite are their gowns? The pastel colours
are such a perfect compliment to the femininity of the gowns, and the
manipulation of the fabric is just too beautiful. To me, this is where fashion
meets art - when the designer goes beyond just sewing a dress, and transforms
it into more...a visual sensation.
It this isn't art, I don't know what is.

Tell me what you think?

- Pips x

No comments:

Post a Comment